Adventure Sports / Recreational Activities
Shooting. Escape the ordinary and test your firing skills at a century old rifle range, deep in the forest which is one of its kind in the country.
Archery. Test the strength of your arms and explore your passion for an ancient skill of archery. If you hit the mark, bravo, you are as good as those who lived here a thousand years ago!
Skiing. Visit our newly developed ski slopes “If you are not crashing, you aren’t skiing!” Remember this, wear your gear and ski on!
Cycling. Explore jungle tracks for mountain biking, from 1 km to 4kms in length.
Pathfinder. Finding and making your way through a stretch of 6 kms jungle tracks is an unbeatable experience for young and old; ladies and gents.
Hurdle Race. Test your stamina in 600 meters hurdle race, inside the jungle.
Trekking. If you have already experienced Kuldana Trail try one of these:
- Kuldana – Jhikagali Track. A winding track through deep woods. Midway, enjoy Kuldana Cantonment view point.
- Kuldana – Kashmir Point Track. Alternate way to The Mall. Gharial – Bhurban Track.
- Governor House – Golf Course Track (at Bhurban). Barian – Ayubia Track (Commences near the Old Forest Hut at Barian)
- Gali Ayubia – Dunga Track. Popularly known as the Scott’s Pipeline Track. It is built along a pipeline laid in 1894 to supply water to Murree from Dungagali and passes through a reserved forest declared as the “Dungagali National Park”.
- Mushkpuri Track. It is 3 hours trek with magnificent sceneries all the way to top. Total climbing distance is 4 kms and track starts from Dungagali.
- Another favourite walkway is the metalled road inside Kuldana. If you take Jinnah Road, it winds through a beautiful forest, loops back and re-joins at Gordon’s Huts and thereby completing the entire inner circuit of ASL, which is approximately 3.5 kilometers).
Camping. The best place to enjoy camping, in a secure and serene setting is the “Cricket Ground” (the British Recreational and Training Ground) at the northern end of Kuldana Trail, amidst two rock memorials carved a hundred years apart. (Camping equipment can be obtained from Guest Room reception).
Outdoor Sports. Bring out the sportsman in you and test your stamina at 7000 ft by playing a game of squash, tennis or basketball; or try skating!
Indoor Games. A variety of indoor games are available at the “Club Hall” (a multipurpose hall). The attractions here are; badminton, pool table, table tennis, table football and putting, etc.